CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
HARD FLOORING / LAMINATE
After installation: the first thorough clean after laying your floor
After installation, the floor may need a thorough clean. Your Quick-Step floor is prefinished, so immediately ready for use. There's no need to use any additional protective products, even if the packaging mentions that they are suitable for laminate floors.
Instructions for first time cleaning:
1. Remove all coarse dirt with a soft broom and a dust pan.
2. Clean the V-grooves with the brush of your vacuum cleaner.
3. Clean with a dry microfibre cloth.
4. Remove any stubborn dirt as indicated in the dirt removal guide.
5. Clean with slightly damp microfibre cloth.
Quick-Step® CLEANING KIT QSCLEANINGKIT
· Mop holder with telescopic handle and ergonomic grip.
· Microfibre cloth, machine washable at 60°C.
· Maintenance product Quick-Step Clean 750ml Quick-Step® CLEAN 750ml QSCLEANING75.
· Quick-Step laminate has a sealed surface which means bacteria cannot accumulate on the floor. This makes it very hygienic and easy to clean floor!
Weekly cleaning: dry
We recommend the Quick-Step® microfibre cloth for regular maintenance. This mop is designed for dry and slightly damp use. The special fibres have a high dirt absorption capacity. They can clean dirt away easily.
FOR QUICK-STEP LAMINATE FLOORS WITH HYDROSEAL TECHNOLOGY
Quick-Step floors with HydroSeal technology have a waterproof surface and are ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, hallways, etc. Cleaning these floors with a wet cloth is allowed. In general, steam mob cleaning is allowed with Quick-Step Impressive (Ultra) and Majestic floors. Please use the steam mob at low power and with an appropriate cloth for even distribution of the heat and steam. Check the steam mob manufacturer’s instructions for detailed info. Steam cleaners are not suitable for the Eligna, Colonial Plus, Largo or Classic range.
· Add two caps to a bucket of water (10L).
· Soak the mop or floor cloth in this solution and wring out thoroughly.
· Always pull the Quick-Step mop back towards you and make a zigzag movement across the floor.
· Wipe in the lengthways direction of the panels.
· Distribute the moisture evenly across the floor.
· Never pour the bucket of water across the floor.
· Always wipe dry with a microfibre cloth until no more moisture is visible on the floor.
· Gradually work your way over individual areas of approximately 15-20m2.
· Make sure to wipe dry any excess water or moisture after cleaning.
Monthly Cleaning: Slightly damp
We advise you to clean your floor 1 to 2 times per month. Use water sparingly. Cleaning too often or using too much water is unnecessary and could even permanently damage your floor. It is extremely important that surplus fluid is not left standing on the floor in any circumstances. We recommend using the Quick-Step microfibre cloth and the Quick-Step Clean 750 ml as a cleaning product. These products also give off a pleasant fragrance throughout your home. Do not use impregnated disposable cloths. These often contain oily products that attract dust. They may also leave stains on the floor. A selection of the Quick-Step range is produced with Hydroseal technology: a water-resistant coating on the long and short edges of the planks. This protects the floor against regular exposure to water.