CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
HARD FLOORING / TIMBER
Quick•Step® CLEANING KIT / QSCLEANINGKIT
· Mop holder with telescopic handle and ergonomic grip.
· Microfiber cloth, machine washable at 60°C.
· Maintenance product Quick-Step clean 750ml.
Quick•Step® CLEAN 750mls QSCLEANING75
Why Quick-Step® maintenance products?
1. Our maintenance products have been specifically developed and tested on Quick-Step® timber floors. They come with a fresh and pleasant fragrance.
2. It is important to use the right maintenance product to ensure your Quick-Step warranty doesn’t become void.
3. The low pH value of the products will not damage the floor. All Quick-Step cleaning products are very easy and efficient to use.
4. Quick-Step maintenance products will not leave a build-up of layers on your floor. Dirt and unhygienic residues are removed so the original character of your floor is retained.
After installation: the first thorough cleaning after laying the floor
Your Quick-Step is ready for use when you buy it; you don’t have to sand or wax it. Don't use any protective products, even if the packaging mentions that they are suitable for timber floors. After installation, the floor will need a thorough clean.
Follow These instructions
1. Remove all coarse dirt with a soft broom and dust pan.
2. Clean the V-grooves with the bristles of your vacuum cleaner.
3. Clean with a dry microfibre cloth.
4. Remove any stubborn dirt as indicated in the dirt removal guide.
5. Clean with slightly damp microfibre cloth.
1. Daily maintenance for lacquered floors: Quick-Step® MICROFIBRE CLOTH
A traditional vacuum cleaner is generally not used to clean timber floors. Floors with a V-groove are the exception to the rule. We recommend the Quick-Step microfibre cloth for regular maintenance. This mop is designed for dry and slightly damp use. The special fibres have a high dirt-absorption capacity, so they take up the dirt easily. We advise not to wash your microfibre cloth with fabric softener, it will cause your mop not to clean effectively and it might leave a haze across the floor.
2. Regular maintenance for lacquered floors: Quick-Step® CLEAN
The frequency of slightly damp maintenance will depend on floor usage and accumulated dirt. Cleaning too often or too wet is unnecessary and can even permanently damage your floor.
1. Dilute 1 cap in a 5-litre bucket of water.
2. Soak the Quick-Step mop in this solution and wring out thoroughly.
3. Always pull the Quick-Step mop back towards you and make a zigzag movement across the floor (in the lengthways direction of the panels).
4. Wipe the whole floor.
5. Distribute the moisture evenly across the floor.
6. Never pour the bucket of solution directly on the floor.
7. Always wipe dry with a microfibre cloth until no more moisture is visable on the floor.
Do not use impregnated disposable cloths. These often contain oily products that attract dust and they may leave stains on the floor.
Streak-free cleaning, week after week
For the oiled floors from the Imperio range (New Zealand)
3. Regular maintenance for oiled floors: Quick-Step® OILCARE
· Keep your oiled floor in perfect condition for many years by using Quick-Step Oil Care.
· Protects your floor and prevents it from dying out and losing its gloss.
· Restores the original look and eliminates micro scratches.
· Delays the need for maintenance oil.
· Easy, user-friendly and efficient. Walk on the floor right away.
4. Yearly maintenance for oiled floors Quick-Step® MAINTENANCE OIL
· Retains the floor’s matte finish.
· For damaged floors and yearly maintenance.
· Repairs minor damage to the floor.
· Nourishes the floor.
· Low emissions and solvent-free.
1. First clean the floor with the Quick-Step Clean product as described under 2.
2. Make sure the floor is dry, dust-free and all stains are removed.
3. Dilute 2 to max. 4 caps of Quick-Step Oil Care in fresh water (use the cap on the bottle).
4. Clean the floor with the solution using a damp microfibre mop. Allow to dry.
5. Best results will be achieved if Oil Care is used every 4th cleaning.
6. Check www.quick-step.com to see which maintenance oil you need: white or transparent.
7. Clean the floor with Quick-Step Clean as described under 2.
8. Make sure the floor is dry and free from dust and grease.
9. Apply Quick-Step Maintenance Oil in very thin, even layer with a brush or cloth. Leave to soak in for a few minutes. Spread the oil using a polisher or wipe the surface with a clean lint-free cloth.
10. It is advised not to walk on the floor for 24 hours!
Quick-Step® OIL CARE QSCARE750
Contents: 750ml Quick-Step®
MAINTENANCE OIL WHITE QSWMAINTOILW Quick-Step®
MAINTENANCE OIL TRANSPARENT QSWMAINTOILN Contents: 1L (=75m2)
The use of accessories other than the Quick-Step accessories might cause damage to the Quick-Step floor. In which case the guarantee provided by Quick-Step will be void. We therefore advise to only use Quick-Step accessories as these have been especially designed and tested for the use of Quick-Step floor panels.
Stubborn dirt: removal guide
In case you should encounter some stubborn dirt on your floor, here are some tips and tricks to remove them. In case of doubt, do not hesitate to contact your local dealer for advice.
· Local staining Apply Quick-Step Clean to the stain.
· Leave for a couple of minutes to soak. Use a clean cloth, moistened with lukewarm water to remove the stain.
· Repeat the process is necessary.
· Chocolate, grease, fruit juice, drinks, wine Use Quick-Step Clean thinned in lukewarm water and wipe off the stain.
· Rubber marks (shoe soles, etc.) Wipe off with a dry cloth, then use Quick-Step Clean.
· Urine, blood, etc. Remove as fast as possible with a moist cloth. If the stain is dry: rub mechanically with a dry cloth. If necessary, use a slightly moistened cloth with Quick-Step Clean.
· If necessary, methylated spirits, acetone or household solvent can be used on a cloth. We recommend a test this on a small area first.
· Scratches See ‘Tips and Tricks’.
· Dull-looking floor. A dull-looking floor is often caused by using the wrong maintenance product that leaves layers of residue on your floor. Use Quick-Step Clean instead.
· Gouges or deep scratches caused by falling objects (e.g a knife). Use Quick-Step Repair Kit which includes a melting knife, sanding pads and 7 wax blocks. Use this kit for an invisible floor repair. Check our website www.quick-step.com for the matrix with the correct colour combination for your floor.
· Candle wax and chewing gum leave to harden, then gently scrape off.
· Check out our handy maintenance videos on YouTube.
Tips & Tricks
1. Sand, stones and furniture can cause scratches on your floor. It is important to take precautionary measures e.g. lift furniture instead of dragging it and place a mat under office chairs.
2. Install a mat that is large enough and is cleaned regularly in rooms that are accessed from outdoors.
3. Using office chairs with soft wheels will prevent your floor from scratching.
4. Always follow the instructions on the cleaning product. You are advised to choose products that are recommended by Quick-Step: this will guarantee perfect compatibility with Quick-Step timber floor.